June 15, 2013

Outrun 2 SP

Racing cabinets fucking rock
Date played: June 15th
Platform: Arcade
Session fun rating: 8/10

I spent the day at La Ronde in Montreal, a large amusement park. Of course, it has an arcade (it actually has two...) with a ton of cool games, though most of them are at least 5 years old. I saw the Outrun 2 SP two player cabinet from a distance and decided to play it right away. I love racing games in general, but in an arcade, I love them even more!

I managed to play the default event all the way to the 5th and final leg of the race but ran down the checkpoint clock before I could finish... I had a lot of fun playing, mainly because my daughter was sitting on my lap for a good chunk of the race. I should also mention that the game plays really well, the drifting mechanics are tons of fun to use. This game is perfect for an arcade, I just wish it had better graphics.