August 31, 2011

Wipeout HD/Fury

Date played: August 30th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

My brother found his sea legs in the Mirage
My youngest brother came over to visit last night and he wanted to play some Wipeout HD so we played half a dozen split screen races.  At first, we were using horizontal split but when we changed it to vertical, it felt much better so we stuck with that.  He's not an expert Wipeout player by any means but he's played the series before and has a good understanding of the basics so it didn't take him too long to get the hang of piloting the craft.

I won most of the races and I was waiting for him a few times in the first races but after about three races, he really started to put the heat on.  He seemed to find his groove when he picked the Mirage craft. The second half of our play time was filled with close races, crazy overtakes and photo finishes.  There was one race where I placed 0.03 seconds behind my sibling, it was quite exciting.

We also took two or three cool photos, something I can't do when playing online.  Unfortunately, I forgot to move them from my PS3 to my other devices.  Showing them off will have to wait!