August 20, 2011

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Pong is another "pure"  gaming experience
Date played: August 18th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 30 minutes
Session fun rating: 10/10

30 minutes/6 games of 5 minute Championship II is all I needed to fill my gaming needs!  I don't know what got into me but I just wanted to beat my old high score which was about 1 150 000.  At first, I couldn't crack the million mark but after about three games, I broke it again.  Then on the fifth game, I broke my record by a few hundred points.  It seems like I have to either use a new strategy or that I need to be faster and better.

This is the kind of game that I would want to have access to forever.  Things like this, Geometry Wars 2, Everyday Shooter, Tetris, etc.  These simple, arcade styled games always appeal to me and they don't need a story, fancy graphics or compelling characters.  All they need is are good mechanics.

Gaming at it's purest if you ask me.