August 23, 2011

Wipeout HD/Fury

Photo finish!
Date played: August 22nd and 23rd
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 90 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I did some more online racing today and the lobbies were a bit busier than the last time.  I had no difficulty finding a nice Flash lobby.  I actually won quite a few times in this lobby, 2nd place being my worst performance.  I had it.  I was zen, I was in the zone and I even had a few perfect laps!

I left the lobby after a bit because the host didn't seem to know how to change maps.  I then played a few more races in another lobby and did pretty good there too but had one 6th place finish.  There was one race where I placed 2nd but I was trailing the other guy by only 0.04 seconds.  That was quite the photo finish!

I played a few more online races the next day where I performed pretty well.  It really gives me a great feeling when I'm taking corners perfectly and avoiding obstacles by an inch.