August 23, 2011

Mario Kart Wii

I fucking love SNES Mario Kart
Date played: August 22nd
Platform: Wii
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

My girlfriend and I spent some time playing Mario Kart together but today, we decided to mix it up and go online.  I wasn't expecting much, this IS Nintendo after all, they haven't exactly been known for their quality online experience.  I am glad to say I was pleasantly surprised.

It's not perfect by any means though.  It takes a good amount of time to get into a lobby, there is a lengthy presentation of the players in the lobby and we got disconnected from a match once but aside from that, it was pretty good.  I didn't notice any lag, we had big rooms with many players and it was just plain fun.

My girlfriend was pretty much always in the bottom tier but she never actually placed last, she was pretty happy with her performance.  I, on the other hand, have had much success, mostly finishing in the top three.  I am sticking to Bowser now, I like being able to push around the smaller karts.