August 17, 2011

Mario Kart Wii

Date played: August 16th
Platform: Wii
Time played: 50 minutes
Session fun rating: 7/10

I replayed two of the 50cc cups to get a star rating because I saw that getting star ratings would unlock characters and stuff.  Those two cups were pretty uneventful.  Then I played two more cups in 50cc and saw some new tracks.

BOO!
Two of the tracks stood out to me.  One is Koopa Cove which has racers go through an underwater pipe.  There is also a lot of water on the track and going in the same direction as the current makes your kart much faster.  The other track was set on tree tops but I forget the name of it.  It was just visually interesting compared to the rest of the tracks.  After completing these cups, I unlocked Boo as a racer and a new kart.

I also tried out the online play which was surprisingly smooth and fun.  I was put into a 12 person race and placed second using Bowser.  The end of the race was pretty funny, the guy in first got hit by a blue shell about two feet from the finish line and was passed by a Mario player and me.  It must have been frustrating for him!  :-)