August 15, 2011

Mario Kart Wii

Peach's voice is the worst part of this game so far
Date played: August 13th
Platform: Wii
Time played: 75 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I finally caved and bought Mario Kart on Wii.  I have been on the fence about this game since it came out in 2008 because it didn't look that great.  I decided to give it a chance and it was something I could easily play with my girlfriend.

We started off with her using the included plastic wheel and me using a classic controller.  She struggled a lot at first and I won all the races so we decided to switch controls for the next race.  She definitely did better with the controller but I still won using the wheel.  I think what she was having problems with was taking tight corners because she wasn't able to drift very well.  After some practice, she was better and won her first race.

We then decided to play some single player to unlock some tracks.  We basically did one race each and passed the controller to each other.  It went well, we won the first four available cups in 50cc.  We unlocked eight more tracks but didn't try them yet.  I also am interested in trying the online play but I'm not expecting much from Nintendo and online play.