August 13, 2011

Bastion

Kid chilling out
Date played: August 12th
Platform: Xbox 360
Time played: 40 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played about three levels of Bastion today.  The last time, I had not been able to beat the repeater challenge so I decided to wait for an upgrade before doing it.  I played through one level with my trusty machete and unlocked the trip mine.  These are very powerful explosives that use up black ink bottles.  I really like it right now, it's a nice panic button.  I was also lucky enough to find some materials to upgrade the repeater.

I upgraded the reload speed and the challenge was a piece of cake.  I also played one more level and built the Forge in the Bastion.  This is a very fun game that really lets you customize your play style, I can't wait to keep going.