August 17, 2011

Infamous 2

Date played: August 16th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 20 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played a little bit of Infamous 2 today but I couldn't really get much done.  I did a couple of side quests which unlocked a new melee finisher.  It's pretty powerful and seems like it will be useful against the zombie type enemies.  I also unlocked Ionic Storm.  Now THAT, my friends, is a real super power.  Cole winds up for a second and unleashes a giant lightning vortex in front of him that destroys everything in it's path.  It's insanely satisfying and very useful.  The only drawback is that is uses a special type of "ammo" which is dropped by defeated enemies.
I fucking love Ionic Storm!

I also attempted a story mission where I had to free some cops from a convoy.  I died and failed because I underestimated the number of bad guys that were hiding in the trucks.  I did enjoy blowing up a helicopter by throwing a car at it though, that's always fun!