August 15, 2011

Infamous 2

Date played: August 13th and 14th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 200 minutes
Session fun rating: 9/10

I've been hooked.  I loved the first Infamous and have been wanting to play the sequel since it came out in early June but didn't get to it until this weekend.  Boy, this game is a lot of fun already.  I played through a good chunk of the game already and it's clear that it is much improved over the first game.

The graphics are prettier, the engine runs better, the city is more interesting in it's design and the controls still feel just as good as before.  The missions are also more varied and interesting, at least so far.  The only part I don't like is Cole's new voice.  It just doesn't feel right because they changed the voice actor.
The graphics are much better than in the first game

I met some new characters too in Kuo and Nix.  They seem shallow and boring but I don't care, the reason I love this game is to shoot some electricity out of my hands, climb buildings and explore the city to find blast shards and dead drops.