August 25, 2011

Infamous 2

I decided to call them Penguin-Crab-Zombies
Date played: August 24th
Platform: Playstation 3
Time played: 35 minutes
Session fun rating: 8/10

I did two story missions and a few side missions today.  The story missions were standard stuff but I gained some nice new powers and watched some cool comic book style cut scenes.  I think I gained two new powers. One of them gives Cole the ability to jump off cars and use their battery power to gain a bit of extra height off the jump.  It's actually been pretty useful as the jump is high enough to reach the tram cables.  It also makes it easier to move around the city faster.

The second power is fucking awesome!  It improves Cole's hovering ability so that it is stronger, faster and better than ever before.  Sucker Punch even went as far as making the next mission a chase where I could play with my new powers.  It was one of the better missions so far actually.  I chased a penguin-crab-zombie dude for a while at very high speeds until I reached the enemy base.  It's pretty amazing how much faster and smoother traversal has become after the hovering upgrade.