November 2, 2016

Forza Horizon 3

Date played: November 1st
Platform: Xbox One

I spent a bit of time playing Forza Horizon 3 yesterday and had tons of fun doing a bunch of different things. I found an old Holden Ute in a barn. I completed a crazy bucket list event where I had to do a certain number of ultimate air jumps in a powerful off-road truck. I bought myself an old Fiat to turn it into a rally car, but I fucked up my upgrades, or the car is just very bad, because it was simply too slow to be effective. I even found an old dune buggy in a barn, though I didn't get a chance to try it yet.

I didn't just fuck around though, I also completed some races. I did the last race in a 90's muscle championship, which put me behind the wheel of my Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, a car I appreciate more and more as I drive it. I also did an exhibition race in my Lamborghini Urus. A lot of my racing time was spent in Surfer's Paradise, as I drove my beautiful 70's Camaro in a Chevrolet vs Dodge championship event.
I race my Camaro in Surfer's Paradise
Finally, one of the most interesting parts of my time with Forza was a bucket list challenge where I drove a luxurious Rolls-Royce Wraith through large portions of the map. This event was actually quite relaxed, with a generous time limit and relatively simple roads. I think the point was to just enjoy the ride, which I did. The Rolls-Royce is heavy, but it's still rather nimble for a car of it's size and power. It's also a very beautiful car...