November 6, 2016

Chrono Trigger

Date played: November 5th
Platform: Vita

The year is 2300 A.D., and the world is a ravaged place. There are hints of a vastly superior technology, like little capsules that restore health and MP, giant domes for people to live in, massive robots, it's all there. However, it's pretty clear that things are going very badly for humanity. The group is feeling a bit lost, so we started exploring the area.

There are survivors living in the domes, but they are starving for food. Our brave team decides to help by exploring the depths of the Arris dome to find food. I fought a boss as soon as I entered, a giant robot named Guardian, who is accompanied by two smaller robots called Bit. The key to the battle is to take out the two Bits before damaging the Guardian. It was one of the hardest battles in the game, but as long as I kept my team healed, it went well.
Let's hope this seed grows well
I didn't find any food, but I found a seed, which the team brought back to the dome residents in the hopes that they would grow food with it. We also found an active computer and Lucca managed to get some valuable info from it. Basically, in the year 1999 A.D., the world was destroyed by some sort of volcanic eruption. It's still unclear, but it was enough for the team to decide to save the world by changing the events of time.

After the dungeon, I explored more of the area and went through a sewer filled with fish men. This led me to a Southern continent where there's a huge mountain, but I couldn't do anything there yet, so I went back through the sewer and reached a destroyed lab. This was another small dungeon, but without a boss fight.

I am now ready to ride through some ruins using a motorcycle. I got the key to it from the residents I helped with the seed. It will lead me deeper into the world of 2300 A.D..