November 18, 2016

Chrono Trigger

Date played: November 17th
Platform: Vita

Crono, Lucca and Robo went to explore the Pterodactyl nest in the Norther parts of 65 million B.C.. After a few random battles, we reached the peak and found Ayla getting ready to ride a pterodactyl into combat against Azala and his minions. Azala is the big bad reptite guy who has been giving the humans trouble.

I replaced Lucca with Ayla and went flying. This was the first time I was able to move above mountains and oceans in the world map, using the friendly pterodactyls as mounts. It was a really cool moment... We went straight to Azala's big keep, Tyrano Lair, and began battling in it to reach him and to save Kino and the other villagers.

Ayla's got a cool ride!
I explored the dungeon, fighting many random battles and navigating a maze that was riddled with inconvenient teleporters. I then had a mini boss battle against Nizbel, again. This giant triceratops is a tough guy, but he's very vulnerable to lightning, so I used Ayla and Crono's dual tech, Volt Bite, to do most of the work.

After this, I was finally ready to battle Azala. He retreats to the back of his keep and summons a huge T-Rex to aid him in battle! This fight was pretty tough... I focused on Azala first, dealing the heaviest damage I could to him. Them, when he fell, I focused on the T-Rex. He has high defense, but he drops it once in a while to perform a countdown and launch a big attack. This is the time to hit him hard... I just had to ensure that Robo kept up everyone's HP.

With Azala defeated, the team offers him to join us in our quest to save the world, but he refuses. He dies in spectacular fashion as Lavos comes out and destroys Tyrano Lair. This leaves behind a new time portal, so the team jumps in and finds themselves in 12 000 B.C.! I can't wait to see what's next... I think this is the furthest I've ever gotten in this game.