November 11, 2016

Chrono Trigger

Date played: November 10th
Platform: Vita

After beating Zombor, I gained access to the Southern part of the continent. There is a town called Porre, where I bought some new equipment and learned more about the legend of the Masamune sword and it's hero.

A young person, Tata, is said to be the hero of legend. I also found Frog in his home, but he didn't have much to say. The team decided to explore a nearby mountain, Denadoro mountain, to find the Masamune and Tata.

This was a regular dungeon, where Crono and the team climbed the mountain, crossed it's waterfalls and explored it's caverns. There were many secrets here, including a new weapon for Robo, an amazing accessory that cuts MP use in half and a couple of stat increase tabs. There were some special enemies that wield big wooden hammers. They were pretty tough, but if I used a fire attack on them, their hammers burned and they became very weak.
Masamune in it's different forms
At the end of the dungeon, I met two young people called Masa and Mune, guarding the sword. They fought me, but were easy to beat. After the battle though, they used some Dragon Ball fusion shit and fused their bodies into one. The resulting abomination is a large monster called Masamune. He's pretty straight-forward to fight, but he hits real fucking hard. With Robo using the half MP accessory, I was able to heal often without using ether potions, so it went pretty well.

I was then able to pick up the Masamune sword, but it's broken... I went back to Porre, and I think I have to find Tata now.