February 1, 2013

Wipeout 2048

Date played: January 31st
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a couple of events, a time trial and a Zone mode. The time trial was fairly easy to pass, I got it on the second try, however, the Elite pass was a lot tougher and I would have had to try multiple times to get it. The Zone events are starting to really ramp up now where even the passing grade requires a good amount of concentration and track knowledge. I don't even consider trying to get Elite here.
Zone mode!
As the difficulty is increasing, I find myself trying new tactics and teams. This is something I have never really done in all my years of playing Wipeout, all the way back to Wipeout XL. In the past, I would always just pick one ship and stick to it for most of the game. In 2048, I'm using all sorts of ships from race to race. In fact, I had a really hard time in this Zone event until I switched over to the AG-Systems agility ship, the Auricom agility just wasn't cutting it at higher speeds. On the other hand, for the time trial, I switched from the Feisar speed to the Auricom agility when I struggled. Maybe this will make me better at Wipeout HD...