February 17, 2013

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Date played: February 17th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 7/10

I made my way to the insides of the Fairy matriarch and fought off some enemies to help the baby fairies. Soon enough, I was in an epic boss fight against a large jelly fish. I had a really hard time at first and died on my first attempt. I soon figured out that I had to defend a bit more using my new "all out defend" ability. It helped spawn some golden glibs which helped deal some heavy damage.
This was a pretty tough boss

After a while, the jelly fish spawned a ton of baby jelly fish which I killed with a well timed golden glib Dumbelemur attack. I then kept damaging, healing and blocking until he went down. I got a bunch of new spells from the mother of fairies and made my way back to the Sea Cow. It was repaired so I went to complete a side mission in Golden Grove. I killed three powerful boars then saved a fairy from a last, ultra strong fire breathing boar.