February 17, 2013

Fire Emblem: Awakening

The Taguel are cool rat-rabbit people
Date played: February 16th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through to chapter 9 and a few side missions, as well as some Streetpass battles. One story mission had us fight to protect the Queen. Also, Marth is a woman. I played kind of a lot so I forget the details. I've been focusing more and more on the pure mechanics than the story and characters. I turned off all animations and now play entirely in grid view. It makes things go faster and still communicates all the info I need.

My team seems to be stabilizing, though I'm not sure how long that will last. I picked up new units, two of which are shape shifters. One can transform into a giant rat and the other into a ranged dragon. I also have a new Pegasus Knight who performs better than the first. I also changed my player character's class to be a sort of dark mage. The Streetpass fights are cool since the enemy leaders can be recruited if the battle is won. I'm in the thick of it now and I just love the gameplay here.