February 11, 2013

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Date played: February 10th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 8/10

I rode my Sea Cow until she was dripping wet! I spent some time completing side quests with my newly acquired ship. I kind of moved my team around a bit. Oliver still has Purrloiner, now evolved into a Catpurrse. Little Big Horn and Seed Sprite are still 2nd and 3rd spot. Esther has a new familiar, a water based seal-like thing called Splisher. She still has her trusty Drongo and Duncecap. Swaine is set up with a Monolith, an Impaler and my favorite, Dumbelemur.

I completed three bounty missions and one fetch quest. One of the bounties was a piece of cake but two of them were really tough. One was a large stone guy with very high defense. Thankfully, he didn't hit all that hard but it took forever to take him down. The other was a big sea monster which really pushed our team hard. Swaine almost died while I struggled to find good spells and familiars to use against it.