February 23, 2013

Couch potato edition

Date played: February 22nd
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

My buddy came over to visit and hang out. We spent most of our time playing some 2 players games on the couch. We started with three matches of NBA Jam. While I did end up winning all the games, they were all really close. I also saw the "On Fire" animations for the first time. King James was on fire more than once which allowed him to make some gigantic dunks and boost forever. It may sound dumb, but it feels really good!

We then played some Super Street Fighter IV. My friend isn't a Street Fighter veteran or anything so he had a hard time at first but by the time we were done, he was launching shoryukens, hadokens and even a couple of Ultra combos with Abel and Seth.

We ended the night with an online NHL 13 match playing as the Habs against the Lightning. We lost 1-0 but I feel like we were completely robbed by their goalie. Me and my buddy have pretty good chemistry on the virtual ice.