February 4, 2013

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

I finally caught the little bastard
Date played: February 2nd
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 7/10

Grind, grind, grind. Even though I played a long time, I have made almost no progress in the story, save a bathing suit in the coastal town. Instead, I started by completing a fun side quest that asked that I kill three Fleurets, a small desert enemy, but that the final blow be delivered by my ice spell. I also bought a bunch of new gear and made new items using alchemy.

The bulk of my play time was spent trying to tame a Little Big Horn. The little guy seemed like the perfect familiar to replace Mite, who I was getting tired of. Little Big Horn has high defense, decent attack and more importantly, a physical resistance which makes him almost invincible to non-magic attacks. Also, he looks fucking awesome.

The problem was capturing him. I spent over 90 minutes fighting groups of random enemies in and near Old Smoky. I even managed to capture almost every other species in there before I saw the elusive hearts appear above a Little Big Horn's head. On the bright side, I made quite a few levels and made some decent money. I have also retired the Mite...at least for now. I also went back to the talking tree in Deep Dark Wood since my brother told me he gives items after main story events. This time, he gave me three Phoenix feathers, the item that revives in battle.