February 9, 2013

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Date played: February 8th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through my first side mission and one main mission. The side mission had us rescue a small village from bandits. There was a young boy there who joined the fight and eventually joined our team as well. The way this works is that the new guy had to level up at least once during the fight to join. I actually restarted twice in the beginning of the fight since I was being way too aggressive with him to get him EXP. I eventually just paired Frederick with him and his defense became high enough to survive and fight enough to level up.
Come at me bro!

The main mission was simpler and shorter. Basically, in order to gain support from the country in the north, I was asked to fight in a tournament and it turns out, the guy leading the other team was Marth himself! I played this one very defensively since it was an open map with no choke points. I just kind of huddled in a corner and picked off the enemies as they approached. It worked well and I was able to take down Marth easily by surrounding him at the end. I gained a new hero from the whole thing and the next mission set opened up.