February 2, 2013

Rayman Origins

Dragon Chef
Date played: February 2nd
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played through the third boss's second world. The first part of his world was food themed and filled with sausages, forks and fire. The second part was still food themed but this time it was icy, focusing more on drinks and other frozen treats. The levels themselves were a bit trickier since they were often very slippery. Many of them required multiple attempts. In the end, I took on the giant pink Dragon Chef, but this was no traditional boss fight. Rayman was swallowed whole and had to damage the nasty stuff found in the large belly.

I also played two treasure chest levels. One of them was very reasonable and I got through in about 6 attempts. The other one though...that one was a total bitch. It was surprisingly short but required an almost perfect run. After 20+ attempts, I finally made it through!