February 15, 2013

Dead Space 3

Date played: February 14th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played through Chapter 4 which was actually pretty short in itself. All I did was explore a bit of outer space around the debris of the ships to find a little shuttle that is still operational. I have to say, the space sequences are just fucking amazing. It tickles my sci-fi itch like no other game does.

*drool*
Most of my time was spent playing through my first side mission. These are new to the series and I think it's a good idea. As soon as I was in outer space, I picked up a radio signal coming from one of the nearby ships floating in the debris. Ellie suggested we investigate so I went in there. I restored power, cutting my way though tons of necromoprhs. After restoring power, shit got a little crazy as parts of the floor were destabilized and became hazards I had to avoid. I gathered some info on Tau Volantis, the nearby planet and got some good equipment out of the trek. I modified my weapons with the new parts so that my plasma cutter doesn't rotate anymore but has a submachine gun attached so that I can keep firing if I run out of ammo and don't have time to reload. It works well so far. I reached my next destination and will start Chapter 5 soon.