February 24, 2013

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Date played: February 23rd
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played through Chapter 9 and Paralogue 4 (I think). I think I've found my tactical groove, I've come to use certain combinations more than others. For example, I tend to pair Vaike, a fighter, with Cordelia, a pegasus knight. Cordelia can help him travel far and can fight against sword users while Vaike does the tanking duties and attacks with his axes. I've been using the two shapeshifters together a lot, the melee rat with the ranged dragon. Stuff like that.
Emmeryn has it rough in Chapter 9

Chapter 9 was pretty huge in terms of story but I won't bother with the details of it here. The fight itself was interesting. It was a desert battle involving a lot of units. I picked up two new team members along the way. One is a very feminine man who heals and fights at the same time, the other is a dark mage. I don't think I'll end up using either of them. Our team was stuck in a pincer between four wyverns and tons of regular units as well as one heavily armored boss. As usual, I took my time and felled the enemy relatively easily.

The side mission was more like just a big fucking battle in the middle of a field. I had 12 units on the field though so it required some patience and planning. I picked up a new team member, another chest opening person.