February 24, 2013

GTA IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony

Date played: February 23rd
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

I finished The Ballad of Gay Tony. I think it's the best of the three GTA IV stories. I played through many missions, some for Bulgarin, a Russian mobster who got me to shoot cops until he revealed that the diamonds belonged to him in the first place.

There was a last, completely epic and crazy mission for Yussuf, the arabic bling obsessed gansgter. He had me steal a fucking train... I rode the train on it's roof until I reached the front. The catch is that I was being attacked by half a dozen helicopters! I shot them down in three to five shots with the overpowered explosive shotgun until Yusuf air lifted the damn thing with a specialized helicopter... This was one of the best missions in the game.

Luis chases a jet....in style!
I did a few missions for Tony too but that was regular GTA fare, shooting dudes and such. There was another mission that had me chase a jet as it was lifting off to jump in and shoot everyone inside... then jumping off the damn plane and parachuting down to safety. In the end, we lost the diamonds to a pick pocket hobo and left town.  Ballad of Gay Tony was pretty awesome and now I'm ready for GTA V!