February 13, 2013

Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Shadar is a bitch.
Date played: February 12th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 10/10

I made my way to the other continent but we were intercepted by Shadar, the evil wizard man. We actually got to fight him for a bit. My Dumbelemur got a golden glib and hit him for a nice 290 damage, dumb luck that got me through the fight easily. Before being truly defeated, Shadar retreated and made our ship crash into a small island.

It turns out that this island houses the Fairyground, Drippy's home town. Before heading to town, I tried out a new ability, all out defense and all out attack. It's used at the push of a button so it seems really useful so far. This is the first time my team mates will be able to defend. About fucking time.

Next, I found out that Drippy's mountain-sized mother has some belly problems. Her babies won't come out as normal! She asked that we go clean it up (ewwwww!). To do that, it seems we need the assistance of two comedians who are broken arted. Drippy insists that this is different than broken-heartedness. I had to gather 10 art pieces from residents of the town by casting the correct spell to help them with their little problems. It was cute but it was really just text. I imagine the dungeon is next.