February 12, 2013

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Date played: February 11th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played through one mission where we had to rescue Maribelle, a cute but bitchy lady. This was a very interesting map because it was set on a cliff side where only a few areas had foot soldier access and the enemy had a few flying units. I got control of both Maribelle, a mounted healer, and a new mage who were stuck in another section of the map and under heavy fire.

Lon'Qu is strong but uncomfortable around women
I think I played this pretty smart. I sent my flying unit to support the two for the first few turns while taking out enemies in the main area with the rest of the crew. I had to occupy the forts when I could since they seem to respawn enemies. Lissa, my main healer, picked up a nice staff that allows her to rescue a unit from a distance and bring it close to her. I moved her close enough to Maribelle and the mage. Those two were paired up and counted as one unit, so I used the staff to bring them in and moved my flying unit out of there. It was quite satisfying.

I then fought my way to the top of the cliff, taking over the forts as I went along. I used wind magic and bows to take out the roaming dragons and eventually made my way to the boss.