February 4, 2013

Mario Kart 7

Date played: February 3rd
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 8/10

Well, I finally caved and got myself a 3DS XL. That means I now have two 3DS's in the house so when my brother came over to watch hockey and the Superbowl, I saw it as a great opportunity to try the damn thing by playing a bit of Mario Kart. Sharing the game with one cart has to be one of the single best features of the 3DS, even if I don't use it often and it doesn't work with all games.

Either way, we played about 6 or 7 races and I won all of them. Granted, he has never played Mario Kart 7 nor the 3DS and it's been years since he played the series. However, he still gave me a good run for my money. I picked the Shy Guy and the same kart and parts as him to keep it fair. I have to say, the XL is a lot more comfortable to hold and the bigger screen looks amazing in 3D. Now I just have to wait for Fire Emblem to finish downloading...