December 23, 2012

Nintendo Land

Date played: December 22nd
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 8/10

My brother, his wife, my girlfriend and I all played Nintendo Land together. We took a 40 minute train ride which is 8 rounds. We played some Yoshi's Fruit cart which looks cool but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. Then we had some Donkey Kong Crash Course action which is always entertaining. Luigi's Ghost Mansion is still the best game in this compilation. The Zelda game is fun and technical. The ninja star throwing game was a huge success with the ladies for some reason. The biggest hit of the night was Animal Crossing though and I think it's because it was the first time I got to play the Gamepad for it. A seasoned gamer like myself has a huge advantage here as I can easily control two characters at once using two joysticks. That part is usually a challenge for most people I've played with. This time though, I kicked their asses and it was a fair fight.

This was the most popular mini-game
In the end, my brother's girlfriend won, my own girlfriend was second, I hit third and my brother was last. If only this game had online multiplayer, I would probably be playing it a lot more often.