December 11, 2012

New Super Mario Bros U

Date played: December 10th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 7/10

FUCKING SHIT THIS GAME GETS HARD! I played through about four levels of the Mountain world with my girlfriend and wow, this is getting tough man. While with one player, I think it would be more manageable, some of the tighter jumps are a lot more difficult when there is another bozo in the way. We have started using the bubble technique on some of the harder sections where if one of us fucks up, we just bubble and hope that the other player makes it through. When we fought the Sumos in one of the levels, we had to use it to progress as those guys are a pain with two players.
Sumos are back

There was a level that was all dark where it was hard to see enemies, platforms, coins and hidden pipes. We also found a hidden exit in one of the levels which added a new path on the world map. I have also used my first continue and my girlfriend is up to four or five... The game is still fun and the levels are still really creative but wow, it gets frustrating sometimes.