December 23, 2012

Borderlands 2

Date played: December 22nd and 23rd
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 9/10

The holiday Steam sale has taken it's first shot at my wallet with Borderlands 2 at half price. I bought it to play with my buddy who plays on Mac OS. Unfortunately, it seems that the game client is a different version on PC and Mac which meant, we couldn't play together. I convinced my friend to download and install on his Windows image. That meant he had to abandon his level 4 character and make a new one.

I love my little pistol
Once all that stupid shit was sorted out, we played through a good portion of the game together. I chose the Siren, a character that can freeze enemies in place for a short period. My friend chose the Commando which can place a turret on the ground to help gun down enemies. It seems like a pretty good mix so far but we don't have too many skills yet.

The game plays just like Borderlands 1 with better graphics, cooler backgrounds and new guns. It feels good, plays well and looks great. I am mostly using a pistol with a shotgun and an assault rifle depending on what I'm fighting. We reached Sanctuary, the haven city and collected a ton of quests, I can't wait to play them all!