December 20, 2012

Assassin's Creed 3

Date played: December 19th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 9/10

My old buddy Achilles asked me to fetch some supplies from stores in Boston. After getting what I needed, there was a lot of commotion in the streets. Eventually, I found the source of the conflict to be what would become the infamous Boston Massacre where loyalists shot and killed four or five people in the city. It turns out that the event had been instigated by Haytham and his crew of Templars. As luck would have it, Connor gets blamed for the whole thing.
The Boston Massacre

Achilles then introduced me to Samuel Adams who showed me how to lose the heat. Ripping off posters, bribing newspaper boys and paying off a printing press are the three methods available. Before lowering my heat level, I tried to explore a bit to get some collectibles but I was met with infinite resistance from enemies. They came in waves but it never stopped. I must have killed 50 guys or more when I ran low on health and ran away. Honestly, it was really fun to just fight these guys for a while, kind of like playing a puzzle game when you're in the zone.

I then spent the rest of my time exploring the city. There are fast travel points to discover through underground tunnels, there are treasures and almanac pages to collect and a few varied missions. For example, I found the source of a UFO sighting to be a very shiny umbrella. It was mindless yet fun.