December 8, 2012

Assassin's Creed 3

Date played: December 7th
Platform: Wii U
Session fun rating: 7/10

Urgh... I realized that this game's pop up tutorials are really bad. I had no idea I could take down a guy without killing him using only my fists. This ruined the first mission I played that asked me not to kill anyone. I had to infiltrate a redcoat camp to steal an important map and gain information on General Braddock. I got caught about five times before I paused the game and looked at the on-disc manual (a cool feature of both the Wii U and the Vita). It turns out, I can knock out guys with my fists in stealth...
Braddock on his last mission

This made the mission very easy... With the information in hand, Kenway and his new Mohawk lady friend intercepted the expedition. We dressed up as redcoats and managed to surprise Braddock, but didn't kill him right away. There was a really cool horse chase next full of exploding barrels (VIDEO GAMES!) after which I caught up to the Bulldog and killed him. Braddock's Defeat indeed.

Unfortunately, we found a precursor site but it was just writing, nothing special. Kenway and the lady did kiss though. I imagine that Connor will be their son but I am still not 100% sure.