October 29, 2012

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

Date played: October 27th
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played through to chapter 9 and my loyal space marines managed to enter an old factory (It has giant mechs!) and secure it's all important power core to protect it from the orks. In the end though, all it meant was blood, blood and more blood.

I'm gonna smash your skull in using your own shield Ork scum!
This is a game that knows what it's about and doesn't care. This is a game about killing orks with guns, mechanized swords and axes. I picked up some upgraded versions of some of my weapons like a pistol, a killer shotgun and a laser sniper rifle. The combat is lots of fun and the last minute ability that the marine can used has gotten me out of tight spots more than once. I like this game, it's a simple but fun third person shooter. I should also mention that this game has no real cover mechanic, only things to walk behind to avoid fire. It's refreshing and it feels great.