October 7, 2012

New Super Mario Bros 2

Lol...
Date played: October 6th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 8/10

I completed World 5 and all of it's secrets. There was a cool callback to SMB3 where one of the levels was a flying ship of coins. Those would sometimes appear (randomly?) on the world map in the third game. It was kind of relaxing to just get a "reward" level. The last boss was also interesting for once because he would jump on chains hanging from the ceiling and I had to jump in a canon pipe to dislodge him before attacking.

I also started the 6th world which is also the last, although I have read that there is another secret world after it. Some of the levels are getting a bit more difficult when trying to find the secret coins but honestly, I'm a little disappointed by the lack of challenge so far. 3D Land felt the same way but then it had a whole other set of worlds at the end... World 6 is full of lava, as can be expected. There was a really fun level that focused on Bullet Bills, including a few giant ones. I always had a soft spot for those guys for some reason.