October 31, 2012

Final Fantasy VI

Scary!
Date played: October 29th, 30th and 31st
Platform: Vita
Session fun rating: 8/10

I played a large section of the game where the group is separated into three groups. I played the entire Sabin section who got jumped off a raft near a large waterfall after fighting an octopus. He ends up on the eastern side of the map. I went through the phantom train with Sabin, Cyan and Shadow. It's one of the most memorable sections in the game for me. After killing the boss, Shadow left and we headed towards the Veldt, a large open area full of monsters and Gau, the little savage kid who joined our party.

We eventually figured out how to get back to Narshe to meet up with our party. We basically found an old scuba helmet thanks to Gau and navigated some underwater caves to reach Narshe. After that, I started Locke's section who was already in Narshe and since the city is fully controlled by the Empire, I had to navigate the city by avoiding guards and fooled some of them by stealing a merchant and a soldier uniform. Eventually, I found an underground path and I saved a girl who was being beat up by some guards. It turns out it's Celes, the first magic user to join us since Terra. I went through a dungeon and beat a sick boss to finish Locke's arc. I fucking love this game.