October 13, 2012

Pokemon Heart Gold

Date played: October 12th and 13th
Platform: DS
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played through some ruins and then my little egg hatched. There was a Togepi inside! Either way, I swapped him out for my Rattata but soon replaced him too with a Spearow which looks cuter. I then played through a large cave that brought me to the next city where I met Team Rocket for the first time. It seems they are hunting Slowpokes for their tails and selling them! Outrageous! I then cleared out a small well of it's Team Rocket residents. I was also very happy to see my Totodile evolve to a Croconaw, a much more dangerous looking beast.

I then went ahead and beat the gym in that city, using mostly my Spearow to kill it's bug using trainer. I really like using my Tentacool and Butterfree to cause status ailments first then getting the hard hitters in there. After the gym, I explored most of the next area, a forest and reached the next city, though I didn't explore it yet. My Macheep also evolved and is now a pink bipedal sheep thing.