November 29, 2017

Super Mario Odyssey

Date played: November 28th
Platform: Switch

I wanted to see Mario on my fresh new TV set, a glorious LG C7, so after a lot of calibration and messing around, I was finally ready to play a game on it. Mario looked great as usual, though the added colors of the TV and enhanced contrast makes a big difference in my eyes.
I also got a moon from fishing, and one through a secret portal down this little well
Anyway, I just wanted to try it out, so I didn't play long, just enough to get about 8 moons from a second run in the underwater level. I got a pair of moons from a secret zipper level and that was a lot of fun. There were a couple of simple quick jumps for the timed challenges, nothing special here. One hidden behind an out of reach zipper. This was more of a quick dip into Mario just to see it once on the TV, but I'll jump back in properly soon.