November 29, 2017

Rocket League vs Rocket League

Date played: November 28th
Platform: Switch & PS4

Well, I'm a stupid gamer a lot of the time. I bought Rocket League on Switch, even though I already own it on PS4, where it looks and plays amazingly. I also own it on PC, where it runs even smoother. So why the hell am I buying this stupid game a third time? I don't know, maybe because I can play it outside of my basement once in a while?
I score a sick goal in the Mario car

Regardless, Rocket League on Switch is a pretty solid achievement. While it's no where as pretty and smooth as the other versions, it plays really well. Let's also not forget that online play is free on Switch at this point. While that may be a good thing, I've also run into a solid amount of lag. This may be due to home network, so I'll have to play around with it a bit before I blame Nintendo's service.

There's some cool new cars and items that are exclusive to this version, such as Mario, Luigi and Samus car models. It's pretty great. I just hope I can eliminate the lag issue quickly. I played about 4 matches on Switch and got MVP on my first match. Later matches were plagued with lag though.

I then switched (HA!) to the PS4 version to compare looks and performance and of course, the PS4 destroys the Switch version. Then again, I can't play a PS4 anywhere. I can play a Switch anywhere...