November 23, 2012

The Walking Dead Episode 5

Date played: November 22nd and 23rd
Platform: PC
Session fun rating: 10/10

Holy fuck, I finished this sad story. I mean, I went into this game expecting the worst, and it was even worse than that. This is by far the saddest, most emotional game I've played. The last episode ended things on a bad note but this episode just plain old ends. On the gameplay side though, it has to be the worst in the series. I basically did nothing but talk to people the whole time and made decisions. I started the episode with Kenny, Omid and Christa by my side, trying to find Clementine's kidnapper.

Clementine is the bravest little girl in the history of storytelling. 
We found him all right. I don't want to spoil anything but shit goes down, fucked up shit. This has to be the single best ending in a game this year, by far. The credits roll with dramatic timing and left me, I'm ashamed to say, in tears. Along with XCOM, this stands as one of the best games I've played this year.