November 15, 2012

Paper Mario Sticker Star

This was a fun battle
Date played: November 14th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 7/10

I played through a few more levels. One of the highlights was a boss battle where I had to kill a giant Beetle. The trick to kill it was to use the game's slot machine system. During a battle, Mario can pay a fee to spin a slot machine to gain additional attacks per turn. To beat this thing, I required at least 2 attacks so that the first one would flip the beetle over and the second one would damage it before it flipped back, it was a cool mechanic.

I also started using "things" to create new stickers. The first one was a fan that I had to put near a windmill to open up a new path. I then uncovered the sticker museum in town where I can collect stickers. It seems the goal is to fill up the place with all the different types of stickers. I reached the end of world fortress and managed to block some vents from blowing Mario off a ledge but there's a fence in the way and I have no idea how to get past that yet. I think I'll just ask my little buddy sticker guy that follows me around, he might know.