November 7, 2012

Need for Speed Most Wanted

Date played: November 6th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 9/10

I played a ton of single player Most Wanted. I spent a lot of time in my new favorite car, the Audi R8 Spyder, and managed to unlock all the customization parts and get gold on all it's events. It's a very good car. It's fast, it's easy to handle and relatively tough. One of the events in particular was just good old fashioned fun. I had to keep an average speed of 241 km/h on a 3 or 4 kilometer stretch. 241 km/h is really fucking fast, if that's not obvious, and keeping an AVERAGE of that speed is just madness. On top of that, I also had to avoid cops along the way. After tweaking my car equipment a bit and memorizing the circuit, I got did it and honestly, it felt good.
So far, the R8 Spyder is my favorite car

I then finally started taking down the most wanted cars. It's nice, the first time you start the event, a very cool cinematic plays to introduce the car I will race against. My R8 served me well and allowed me to reach n.5 on the most wanted list, with n.4 waiting for me to challenge it. The races themselves are nothing special, I just have to beat the other car to the finish. The best part is after winning the race, I have to take down the most wanted car by hitting it hard enough to unlock it in my garage. While doing all these, I also unlocked "Pro" versions of the parts I had on my car, like boost for example. Each piece of equipment has different requirements to unlock pro. For example, to unlock pro boost, I had to boost a total of 300 seconds with the mod equipped, in the car I want it for. It's a cool mechanic and now, my R8 is killer.