November 12, 2012

Need For Speed Most Wanted

Date played: November 9th and 11th
Platform: PS3
Session fun rating: 10/10

I am completely in love with this game. I was stuck on n.4 of the most wanted list in single player and found out that my online speed points counted towards my single player progression so I spent most of my time online, getting points and having crazy fun. After a few events, I had enough points to unlock the Lamborghini Aventador in both multiplayer and single player. I won it's 10 km single player versus race and took it down. I like the Aventador quite a bit. While I still prefer the R8, I don't have it in multiplayer and the Aventador is currently my most driven car in multiplayer.

The multiplayer is really brilliant, for the most part. The only bad part is when you're playing with assholes since they can prevent the rest of the group from completing certain challenges. For example, there was an event where we had to all go on top of a train track and a few idiots thought they had to wreck everyone, which of course prevented anyone from getting any points.
My current favorite car in multiplayer, the exotic Lamborghini Aventador

For the most part though, it's really fun. I tend to do a lot better in races and team races than any other mode. I am almost always a good driver in racing games and this is no exception. One thing that really sets this game apart is the loose way races start. Everyone starts by meeting up at a pre-set location. Once everyone is there, the race starts. The trick is, a lot of people like to just mess around at the meet up location, doing donuts and shit but they don't seem to notice that the minimap will show the direction of the race while the countdown starts. That means, I almost always have a head start since I see it and start gunning it as soon as I know which direction the race will be in. It's a really cool mechanic and makes the start of races much more interesting.