November 17, 2012

Paper Mario Sticker Star

Date played: November 15th and 16th
Platform: 3DS
Session fun rating: 9/10

Well, I figured out that sometimes, you have to jump at an angle in this game. I feel like such an idiot, I've been playing video games for more than 25 years, you would think I could figure this out right? Anyway, I made my way to the boss of the first world, a giant Goomba. He was easily the hardest fight in the game so far. He hits hard and has very high defenses. I whittled his health down slowly and when he seemed weak, I fuck him up with a Fan sticker. The giant fan rises in the background to blow the stickers away and deal big damage.

Megasparkle Goomba was hard to kill
Now I'm off to the second world and played through 2-1 and am making my way through 2-2. This is a desert world and there are new enemies here. Those cactus people are back and have a lot of HP. There are tons of hidden areas and blocks all over the place and even getting through the level itself is some sort of puzzle.