September 19, 2016

Rocket League

Date played: September 18th
Platform: PS4

Overwatch wasn't connecting to it's servers for a while last night, and I really wanted to play some multiplayer, so I jumped back into Rocket League. I was surprised to see that they made some pretty major changes to the interface and how stuff works in general.

First, there are 4 new cars available for purchase. They all look very unique and cool... I almost bought them on the spot, but I don't play this game as much as before, so I resisted the urge. There's also a new system where players can trade in duplicate items for better items. Finally, there's a new map added to the regular rotation, Neo-Tokyo.
I score for the first time in Neo Tokyo

I played about 4 matches and did really well, considering I haven't played in a long time. I even got awarded MVP twice, so I must have been doing something right. I still missed way more shots than when I was playing daily, but I held my own.

Neo Tokyo is a fresh new take on the game. The map is contoured by a small ramp that leads to a narrow "second-level". The walls at the goal ends are also different, creating some brand new types of attack and defense. I did well here and enjoyed the new map quite a bit. To make it even better, the art surrounding the arena is gorgeous. It's very Japanese, very bright and full of neon lights. Even the announcer speaks in Japanese. It's wonderful.