September 6, 2016

Pokemon Yellow

Date played: September 4th and 5th
Platform: 3DS

I've been playing Pokemon Yellow on and off when hanging out with my daughter, who is playing Pokemon X. It's fun because she knows most of the moves and Pokemon now, so sometimes, we compare our games and teams. She says my game is ugly, but she likes that Pikachu follows me around.

I made my way through Mt. Moon and reached Cerulean city, home of the second gym. If there's one thing that stands out about this game, is how fucking slow it is. There is a lot of grinding experience required to succeed. My Pikachu is still one of my strongest Pokemon. Butterfree, Mankey, Sandshrew, Clefairy and Charmander round out the rest of my team.
Charmander has joined my team
The gym itself was rather difficult, but I think I was under leveled for it. It's water gym, where I fought a powerful Goldeen, Staryu and Starmie. I barely won.... After this, I started going through the next route, but it's pretty slow. I like that about the game because I can play it very mindlessly most of the time, just grinding experience.