September 18, 2016

Pokemon Yellow

Date played: Various times this week
Platform: 3DS

I've been playing Pokemon Yellow on and off whenever I have a few minutes where I'm bored as fuck. Most of my team is now around level 25 and I'm making good progress. Most of my time was spent going through a dark cave. I even had to learn and use Flash to light up the place. This was easily the biggest dungeon yet.

I fought dozens of trainers and wild Pokemon down there. I had to retreat back to a Pokemon center multiple times to heal my Pokemon. I fought a lot of rock monsters like Geodude and Onyx, so my Sandshrew had a lot of fighting action, since he's powerful against those types. I've also used my Mankey quite a bit, to level him up.

The tower in Lavender Town is infested with Pokemon ghosts
I've reached another city now, Lavender Town. This place is basically a large Pokemon cemetery, but it seems like I'm missing an item to really make any progress here. I really like playing this game for a few minutes at a time, mindlessly fighting for experience. It's very relaxing.