September 2, 2016

Pokemon Yellow

My Mankey has been really useful in Mt. Moon
Date played: September 1st
Platform: 3DS

I played a bit of Pokemon Yellow in my free time yesterday. I made my way to Mt. Moon, the game's biggest "dungeon" yet. This place is crawling with wild Pokemon and trainers, so there's a shitload of fighting to be had. That's really good for training up my little monsters, but it's also really tough to go through the cave without having to exit for healing.

In fact, I've been in and out of the cave about 5 or 6 times. I'll move in, fight as many trainers as I can and gather any treasure I find. Then when my Pokemon inevitably become too weak to fight, I make my way to the exit and go heal up. It's been getting easier and easier of course, since my Pokemon are leveling up, but it's still extremely slow. I think I've completed about half of the dungeon so far, and my Pokemon are all around level 11-13, so it's going well, but it's going slowly.

Being a cave, most of the battles end up being against Zubats, Geodudes and Sandshrews. I can handle the Zubats real easy with Pikachu's lightning. However, Geodudes are Sandshrews are much more difficult. My Mankey has been a rising star in my team. His low kick move has been just about the only thing that works reliably against the Rock type enemies.