September 11, 2016

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens demo

Date played: September 11th
Platform: PS4

Well, this is another Lego game, and it feels just like the other dozen Lego games. To be fair, there are a few cool segments. For example, I shot down some TIE fighters by using a large turret. I got into cover and shot Stormtroopers as if this was a kid's version of Gears of War. I flew the Millenium Falcon on the surface of Jakku, just like in the movie.

As usual, the humor is what makes this game enjoyable, because the gameplay itself isn't very interesting. Kylo Ren is portrayed as a teenager who idolizes Darth Vader. He's got a ton of Vader merchandise in his room, such as lamps, posters, and toys. Another great moment is when I shot a Stormtrooper who was sunbathing... with his helmet on.

I liked what I played of Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but I would get bored of it too quickly. Maybe if I had someone else to play it with it could be different.